Monday, August 26, 2013

As Summer Fades........................





This week DH and I head west to the beautiful North Carolina mountains and one of my favorites places, Asheville. A fun road trip, leaving behind the busy city, the highway taking us through lovely countryside toward the Blue Ridge Mountains. As Summer wanes there will be changing colors on the higher ridges, trees will soon be dressing in shades of gold, red and orange, and the smell of woodsmoke will be wafting on the misty morning air. 

While in Asheville I will be meeting one of my long time, most dear, blog friends again - come back later to see what we get up to, it will definitely be a lot of fun. Wish you could be with us when we go 'treasure hunting' at some great antiques venues.........more on this when, hopefully, I'll have something special to share found in Asheville. I rarely come back empty-handed! 
All the items displayed in this current header were in Asheville antiques shops on another of my trips there.

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy Asheville...one of my favorite places! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely late summer getaway. We enjoy Asheville too. So much to see and do.
    Have a great time and good luck with the treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo Mary, did you do that?
    Enjoy meeting up with your bloggy friend. It is so much fun!
    Have a great week.
    Di
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Di, one of my collages done with the assistance of the wonderful PicMonkey editor!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Mary

      Delete
  4. I just read a post of Vicki's (2 Bags Full)about a trip to Asheville and now you are headed that way, too. We were in the States for a month settling our son in at college. Finally will be getting back into the swing of things around here. Hope all is well with you. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time in Asheville. It is a fun place to shop, surrounded by beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this already sounds like an excursion I would like. Can't wait to see what you find.
    Enjoy your time with a special blog friend. Sounds like a lovely adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you will have a great time! We love visiting Asheville. Be sure to fess up on the antique stores that you explore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so late Mary, I just don't know where the time goes any more.
    I do a lot of pottering!

    A road trip sounds like fun and I've read your later posts where you met up with Penny - what a lovely blogging friendship. I enjoyed reading about your antique shopping spree together - I'm sure you have brought some yummy pieces home with you!

    Oh that wonderful rose collage just takes my breath away... it has dried perfectly with the dark pink on the edge of the petals.

    Enjoy your weekend
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.