Thursday, August 29, 2013

Asheville's delights......................


The perfect sign seen at the Tobacco Barn Antiques

Many of you know the delightful Penny from The Comforts of Home and From Harvest To Table blogs. It's been 5 years in a row that we've managed to get together in Asheville, North Carolina. Penny and her super hubby have amazed and entertained us at several different homes they've worked their magic on, rehabbing often on a huge scale, and decorating in a French country theme. This visit was again a thrill. Seeing a work still in progress at their relatively new to them home high on a mountainside with beautiful views of the Blue Ridge beyond, and enjoying a delicious dinner cooked by Penny, it was again a perfect time with lovely friends. 
Last night, standing on their wide front porch as evening brought the music of cicadas on the soft cooling breeze, I actually felt Autumn in the air at last - life was good and friendship was a blessing.


Penny and Mary about to shop ScreenDoor antiques 

Before the lovely evening on the mountaintop, we 
spent part of the day breezing through favorite 
Asheville antiques venues - and they do have 
some fabulous ones. 
Later I'll show you what I found! 

14 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun. I must visit Penny's blog. I've heard of her talents through you and other bloggers. There's nothing like shopping with a friend with like interests. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Penny look like happy girls! Who wouldn't be shopping antiques in Asheville. Glad you two can get together and enjoy each other's friendship.
    Hugs ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good friends, beautiful blue ridge mountains, antiquing in Asheville....WOW makes for a wonderful reunion......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear... wish I could shop there too! Hope you and Penny have a wonderful time together! Much love, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, we need to have another NC bloggers meeting (even though I'm in Kansas now ;) You girls look fabulous and so glad you had a great time!

    Maria Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds as though you had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After looking at Penny's food blog I can only imagine the meal was amazing.
    What a treat and a view beside. Very nice, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a lot of fun spending time with you and Bob Mary! Kent and I enjoyed last evening so very much!
    xoxox
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could have been there with you! I know you all had a great time together. Not surprising because you are all special people. Maybe next year . . . .

    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I can not even imagine having one of Penny's amazing meals nor being in her home. Very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet. I can't wait to see the treasures you find!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary, over from Penny's a dear blogging friend of a number of years...just had to come and say hello and introduce myself...
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always so grand to meet up with blogging friends! You two are as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.