Saturday, November 24, 2012

Early morning visitors.........A FAVORITE THING



.......life is busy but I still wait full of anticipation for the early morning wren who visits outside the dining room window. I sip my coffee, check my mail, and try to find time to visit you or write a post. I know my comments have been slow in coming lately, forgive me, there just aren't enough hours in a day! 

A gentle brown and soft feathered wren, sometimes there's a pair, comes to the porch chairs early most mornings as the darkness fades and light gives shape to the objects through the glass. I believe they find tiny bugs hiding in the woven wicker. Later, during visits throughout the day, they call to each other with that strange vibrating burr, or sing clearly from their large repertoire of melodies......but early mornings they are silent in their diligent search for breakfast.



Do you have any special birds who visit your home daily?



This is one of my porch visiting wrens..........my favorite little bird.

Linking to Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for the fun 
FAVORITE THING SATURDAY party.




12 comments:

  1. this was like reading poetry. The tiny wren is a favorite at my house too. Their arrival in May brings so much joy to me. Is the picture of the little Cherub and wren a print or statue?? i really can't tell. I know that I love it.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! We don't have many bird visitors, but have squirrel "regulars."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming photo of the sweet little wren. They are a familiar sight at my feeder too. The morning you described sounds just like the way I begin my day. In fact, I'm sipping coffee and watching the bird activity outside my kitchen window as I type.
    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wrens. They are so beautiful - well, all birds are beautiful, but there is something about a tiny wren. You write beautifully of your early morning and the wren's visit.

    Thank you so much for joining in, my friend.

    xo
    Claudia

    I, too, am woefully behind on commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little bird! We have wrens here that like to build their nest in my birdfeeder. :-) They really pack in the twigs during the spring when we no longer need to feed the birds because the snow is gone and the seed is abundant in the surrounding fields. So the wrens move in and take up residence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little bird. Mostly we have mourning doves here. Sometimes a little chickadee. I love bird watching. Have a lovely weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Balisha is so right, it's like reading poetry, so very lovely. How lucky you are to have the same frequent visitors and become accustomed to their habits.

    Happy bird watching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wren is wonderful. I love that you noticed and watch your wren. We feed birds and watch them and only regret that we just started feeding them three years ago. Visiting from Claudia's, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, I am so grateful for the birds that fly around and in my gardens. When the temperatures begin to change I always have one or two that will sleep under the awning over our front door. They likely are wrens. I love knowing they have a warm and safe place to stay for the night. Have a wonderful week. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderfully you describe the scene, I can picture you sipping coffee and watching your feathered visitor as the sun comes up.
    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly a breath of fresh air! So glad to have found your wonderful blog through Claudia's "Favorite Thing".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a special wren to visit. We have many birds that visit including hummingbirds that are now off wintering somewhere else and a pair of puffy chest doves. The doves try to scare the squirrels away so they can get what bird seed falls to the ground.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.