Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Scribble Picnic - Watch Out!


Watch where you're going!
Watch your step!
Watch your back!
WATCH OUT!


~ THE EURASIAN EAGLE OWL ~

So handsome, and always turning its head (270 degrees!),
watching with those amazing eyes!
When back in England a few years ago I visited the World Owl Centre
 (now called The Hawk and Owl Centre) at Muncaster Castle in Ravensglass, 
Cumbria, where I was able to take close up photos of the most beautiful birds.


For today's theme I immediately thought of the owl, always on the lookout, 
mostly for a meal of course!
I edited my photo back to a sketch in PicMonkey, then added color
 with watercolor pencils.
Be sure to visit Michael's SCRIBBLE PICNIC - I just know there will
be some interesting takes and great art for this thought-provoking theme.
Happy day!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece Mary, mesmerizing eyes always 'watching out'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent interpretation of the meme. I like what you did at PicMonkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owls are amazing birds...awesome take on the theme, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I love owls and this close-up is breathtaking. I love how your photo translated to such a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that;s an amzing photo from which you started, Mary! Such a close up. And what a clever idea for the theme. I love that -- taking it as a a verb of watchign out vs. a warning, if you will. Smart! Love it! Thank you so much. I CAN'T WAIT to read your recollections on RADIO for next week, let alone whatever image you might conjure up.

    Thank you too, btw, for your note. I just saw it and published it, responding there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, he is fabulous. Lots of owls live in my neighborhood, I love hearing them calling to each other at night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo Mary and I love what you did to it! Owls are wonderful creatures, but it's true, better watch out for them if you're a smaller critter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rather intimidating owl whose gaze I wouldn't want on me, especially if I were a little rodent! But I do love listening to owls hooting in the woods during our evening walks. Wonderful photo and sketch, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a handsome owl. Your edited version is very nice. Yes, little mice look out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! It would be so exciting to be up close to such a beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.