Saturday, October 1, 2011

Back in time to Vignette..................


Only time will tell.........................



I first told you about the cutest little shop VIGNETTE back in the heat of a Summer's day.  It had just opened in the Vintage Village. Friends/owners Gail and Laurie were working hard under the relentless hot sun to bring us an amazing array of antiques and vintage treasures.

Last weekend I stopped by for a visit and caught the shop between rain showers.  I loved how it looked in this Instagram shot taken with my iPhone...........can you imagine it being the perfect place to decorate for Halloween?  


While there I couldn't pass up these three gorgeous antique alarm clocks and brought them home - one is actually dated 1898, the others from the early 1900's!  

Time goes by so quickly..............and beautiful October is here already.  Enjoy this lovely month.

13 comments:

  1. Green with envy here over those alarm clocks! What a wonderful purchase you made. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those clocks Mary! That looks like a great place to shop.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shop. Thanks for taking us with you. Also, your blog is beautiful this morning. Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time stops for no one...love the reminder, and I love the clocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly looks like a place where time has stood still, what great treasures you found there.
    bon dimanche
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mary, We arrived in Fl. last night and I didn't get to my computer until just a bit ago. I too LOVED every moment I was with you and Vanessa.
    Little Luna is a beautiful girl and so is Vanessa for that matter. Smile. Our visit was so special and having lunch together was very special as well.

    Thank you so much for the lovely gift from your home town in England. I will enjoy having it so much. I also love what it said..."Say Little but Think Much" which is hard for a talker like me but the meaning is something to "think" about. Smile.

    Your clocks are treasures and they look perfect with your French decor. A great find. I enjoyed meeting your friends and viewing their sweet shops.

    Take care and thank you for the photos. a special moment in time.
    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. No excuses for oversleeping now Mary:) Vignette looks the sort of shop that would be fun to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to visit that shop, the character they have going on there is quite timeless, looks like it has been there forever. Your grouping of clocks look old like friends.

    Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing them!

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special place to visit and just love the clocks.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.