Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Reality Shot Thursday.......

The reality of leaving on a trip.
I'm posting this a bit early in case I forget in the excitement of tomorrow.

The packing is done and this guest room is now clean and tidy again, I swear! 

For the past several weeks it looked as if one of those nasty girlie-named hurricanes had come inland from our North Carolina coast and whirled all my clothes and possessions around this room.


This is one of the two duffels accompanying me to the ends of the earth other side of the planet.
This is the heavy one where items such as Wellington boots, and warm wool clothing necessary for riding in Zodiac boats, are stashed. The second bag holds my Summer clothing for those hot sightseeing days in Tasmania and Australia after leaving the ship. This was not an easy trip to pack for I assure you!




All the bits and pieces required to protect extremities from possible sub-Antarctic cold, wind, and rain.............even though it's Summer there temperatures in the 30's expected!

Note the fingerless gloves - soft, silky cashmere no less. I decided to include these just for you............so that I can push that little button on the camera, impossible in those big old waterproof monster gloves! I hope to get lots of shots to share whilst on this exciting adventure.

I'm off today! I may be missing from Reality Shot Thursday for a few weeks, depending on Internet access on the ship.

Meanwhile, do pop over to see Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage and join in the fun.  Remember, you don't even have to clean your guest room or organize your closets, just show us your real stuff!


17 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting, Mary. Have a beautiful trip. Enjoy the beauty of the sights & that fabulous food. Hubby just LOVES Australia, he went out to the Outback & saw things natives have never seen.

    Have a beautiful week.
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I hope you have a truly memorable holiday. So looking forward to seeing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mary, thank you for your lovely comments :o)
    I'm exited for you about your trip and I'm really looking forward to reading about your adventures. You are certainly going through a number of 'seasons' ;o)
    Wishing you Bon Voyage!
    Hugs
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon Voyage Mary! Have the most wonderful time. I can't wait to read about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary..you truly are in for an adventure of a lifetime... I can't wait to be with you via the web! (This will be my virtual trip to the other end of the earth...smile) I can't wait and I don't even have to pack or buy new clothes...hee...hee

    Blessings and have a safe trip..you will be in my prayers...

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip. Bon voyage and fair winds. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have an absolutely wonderful time - I'm sure you will:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a fun reality shot! You're sure to be warm enough with that lot of cosy clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that must have been Hurricane Mary that went through, n'est pas?
    Bon voyage, take lots of pix & come back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mary, have the most wonderful of trips! What an exciting adventure awaits. I can imagine how tricky packing was for this trip! But you seem to be organized and ready. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

    Thanks so much for participating!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bon Voyage and have a marvelous trip. It sounds fascinating and extreme. Looking forward to hearing how it all turns out. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for thinking of us with the fingerless cashmere gloves. We wouldn't want your hands to get cold just for us. How lovely to wear cashmere on your hands. Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful trip and take lots of photos! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hot/cold, hot/cold, wow that was a lot of packing to do! It will be a fun and fantastic trip!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.