Friday, October 21, 2011

A sea change is in the air...........


Good morning from beautiful California!


I usually write to you from here ~ back east in North Carolina.  
Said goodbye to my morning spot yesterday and headed west.....notice I cleaned up the table and put away all my stuff prior to leaving!


This is today's morning spot!  
Big difference sitting here just south of San Francisco on Paula's deck.  The fog was thick until a couple of hours ago, now this lovely sunny view across the distant bay.


Vintage world travel vignette - last week at SuzAnna's Antiques
when I stopped in to say goodbye to the gals!

Today, Paula and I have been talking ~ nonstop of course as best friends do ~ choosing, folding, packing and re-packing.  We are in a whirl of duffel bags, cameras, laptops, electrical cords. Clothes, shoes, boots, sandals, turtlenecks, t-shirts. Wool, nylon, denim, fleece, chiffon. Rainwear, duct tape (you never know when it may be useful), gloves, sunglasses, jewelry, seasickness patches, lip balm, sunscreen.......you name it, we have it! 

Tomorrow we'll be off to Los Angeles to catch our long flight to New Zealand over night. 
Hope to be in touch again soon.  
Again, thanks so much for all your good wishes for our trip.

13 comments:

  1. Wishing you a special trip....enjoy and stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, looks like a lovely view. ;-)
    Travel safely, my friend, and have a fabulous trip.
    Hugs to you ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous view! I'd be happy to stop right there.
    Stay safe on your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, Your trip will be wonderful.I wish you everything good. Be safe and enjoy Paula's company. I love your vignette. Very appropriate for saying so long once again.

    I have been on a blog break but I am back again and ready to share all the lovely places and things in my very blessed happy life.

    I think about our special lunch together and It brings a smile to my face.
    XO, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary i wish to you and your friends most wonderful travels! I can not wait to read more about your adventures. You must be so excited Mary!!! If you can Mary take me a photographs from those exotic trees and plants. working in arboretum made me wish to travel around the world and see exotic trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am tingling with anticipation for you and your travel gang .... safe journey, bring home lots of photos and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your travel photographs and read about your trip! I've been working hard here and completely missed your travel plans. I have you saved in Google reader and have had you too close to a cluster I don't get to as often as I should ... moving you location as soon as I send this so I can check in more regularly. You do such a nice job with your words and images that I hate to be so late to your fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missing you already dear!! Have a wonderufl time, Ill be here thinking of you and wondering about the beautiful places you will be visiting. Love you, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just to be in San Francisco and Los Angeles would be a thrill for me, but seriously?.....New Zealand?...... Woman, you're a lucky one! Can't wait to see your pics and read about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking of you and your adventure this morning. I know you must be having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The duct tape is always a good thing! What a wonderful morning view to have a cup of tea!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.