After all that deck and gazebo repairing,
power washing, cleaning, re-staining and fluffing
back in September.......the early
days of Autumn require more clean-up
efforts around our garden.
We hire no professional help, still muddling
along and trying to prove we can still do it all
ourselves, stubborn old you-know-whats!
- Reseeding the lawns, front and back, then watering each tiny seed daily for several weeks
- Raking and shoveling up a trillion-plus gigantic acorns.....well it seems there's that many this year
- Spreading ten, yes that's 10, cubic yards of cypress wood chips.....a veritable mountain delivered via huge truck and dumped at the top of the driveway
- Cleaning pots at the potting shed - terracotta, plastic, resin - and acquiring a much-needed new wood pallet to pile them on
- Trimming and pruning every which way..........and pulling masses of crabgrass, Vinca, English and Boston Ivy, all creeping non-stop through the flower beds
- Edging those flower beds, cleaning out weeds, cutting back and dead-heading..........on and on it goes
Most of the heavy and hard work has been delegated to Bob this time......I'm still having to treat my hands and wrists with TLC so mustn't overdo the lifting and twisting. What an awesome job he's been doing...........we can leave on our trip to Europe knowing our garden remains enjoyable for our neighbors, visiting wildlife, and passers-by.