Saturday, December 19, 2015

Let it rain. . . . . .


. . . . . . . because we need it sometimes to wash away the dust and grime 
of everyday living, to refresh the gardens and grow the crops.
No sign of Christmas snow around here but we did have some heavy rain
 a day or so ago. It bounced in the bird baths making them
 overflow - robins seemed to love that, washed the leaves off the parked cars and sent
 them floating down the driveway to join the small mountains we'd already raked
to the curb. The camellias sparkled after their much-loved shower, and I even 
noticed a little growth spurt of the lawn.
Growing up in an often rainy country I've had my share of umbrellas, most were 
dowdy and dreary black until those clear vinyl domes became popular - what ever
 happened to them anyway? 
When visiting Claude Monet's beautiful house and gardens in France this year
I saw these - I should have purchased at least one - who would mind
paddling about in the rain under the waterlilies!

Go here to 'visit' Giverny


Claude Monet's beautiful paintings available on umbrellas - Giverny, France
 September 2015 

This being the last shopping weekend before Christmas, I hope
you have lovely weather to venture out with no need of an 
umbrella. We have lovely sunshine today but it has turned cooler
which is fine with me.
Have a wonderful weekend.


3 comments:

  1. It's sunny windy and just above freezing here today so no need for an umbrella but a winter coat and scarf would be nice. I never venture to the city for shopping on this busy weekend before Christmas. It was bad enough with traffic on Thursday! :) Enjoy the weekend Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Monet umbrellas are delightful. Yes, you should have purchased one!
    A very cold day in SW Virginia; 25 this morning and only got up to about 35 here.
    I always enjoy your blog though I do not comment often, but I read it every day. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the umbrellas. One time my daughter bought me a straw hat from Monet's Garden "shop" - I love it and it is the best fitting straw hat for gardening that I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.