Thursday, September 5, 2019

Art in the bath---------------------





I'm bouncing this quick post off blog friend Melanie's post from yesterday.
She's starting Fall with a bit of a decorating dilemma HERE on her always
 great blog, Comfy House. It revolves around what to hang on the walls
in small bathrooms. Having two similar bathrooms myself, I'm offering 
my ideas which do not involve any shelving which I think invites more 
clutter than a little room can take. Instead I hang 'art' which includes 
photos I've taken and framed, and one resin shell hanging just 
because I like it for a bathroom.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here as Hurricane Dorian approaches the North Carolina
coast, terrified that it might decide to come inland (recalling the destruction even
 here in and around Raleigh, and to our home, from Hurricane Fran in 1996). 
Will I even have bathrooms and other rooms still standing come the weekend?  
Will my cottage blow away --- tornado activity comes with hurricanes --- tumble down, 
or need repairs. Having removed anything that could fly through the air from
 the porch or deck and cause damage, I'm here inside but definitely on
 tenterhooks today!

Bathroom No: 1
 This was actually a magazine clip of French linen skeins that I made
 into a collage and framed.

Savon de Marseille - French soaps.

Bathroom No: 2
 B/W photos from my second African safari in 2012.

The resin shell hanging - purchased at HomeGoods many years ago.


I hope you will visit Melanie's always interesting blog - and 
perhaps you can assist her with some bathroom decor ideas.

Take care everyone who may be in the path Dorian chooses
to follow along the eastern seaboard during the next few days.



7 comments:

  1. That must be a worry for you Mary, it is hard for us to imagine a hurricane, though we are getting very windy days.
    Hoping Dorian will pass you by. We are so sad to see the aftermath of the attack on the Bahamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing us your bathroom decor and for the great ideas, Mary! Also, thank you for mentioning my blog.

    I am just terrified for everyone in the path of this hurricane. We were just out to dinner and there was a TV nearby with the news on. We saw the wind and rain going on in Charleston now and of course, the devastation in the Bahamas. It's absolutely heartbreaking. Hoping and praying you stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I had a complete bathroom makeover early summer this year, and there are still a few finishing touches waiting to happen. So far, the only thing on the wall is the mirror above the sink. I like empty walls and surfaces and don't want to have too much "stuff" about, but I certainly want to have one or two decorative items on the whitewashed walls. Your bathroom art is beautiful and fits your bathroom perfectly. I wonder what I will come up with eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurricane Dorian has been on our News, with photos of the havoc it is causing along your coastline.
    I’m hoping that Raleigh is far enough away from the coast, to be spared the the worst of it.
    Praying that you and Bob are safe. Keep us posted if you can dear Mary.
    Shane Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you faired well with Dorian. Love your bathroom prints. Your photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary, I can only imagine the tension of waiting for the storm. I hope it has passed and you and your home are safe. Love the bathroom decor. I printed a couple of beachy photos onto canvas and have them hanging in one of our small bathrooms. Thanks, too, for the link to Melanie's blog.
    Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art in the bathroom. I do have a couple things hanging in the bathroom, but your art is so much more "artsy". Love the soap picture and the shell from Home Goods.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.