Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday Morning Raptor Visit!



Bob yelled, "Quick, a hawk in the tree."
I rushed to the window, saw who he was talking about, though almost 
hidden behind the dead leaves.
Asked him to grab my camera while I gently pulled up the blinds!
Dive-bombing small, very fast, noisy birds were hitting the young
 Red-tailed hawk's head, but it stayed just long enough for me to get a
 few photos then apparently said to itself, enough of this malarkey, 
I'm off to greener pastures.



I always enjoy unexpected garden visitors!


9 comments:

  1. Apparently, it’s not easy being a red-tailed hawk. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . . . and they are adept at ridding the garden of some unwanted critters such as voles, moles, mice!

      Delete
  2. A noble hawk, you did well to get the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that he stayed long enough for a couple of photos but not long enough to snatch a snack. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a beauty! Can't blame the smaller birds though for wanting to get rid of him as quickly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! He is indeed a beauty. Lucky you got a couple shots, they are beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn - I felt sorry for it when the little birds became so angry, they kept hitting him on the head!

      Delete
  6. What a majestic visitor to your garden! Glad you could snap a few photos before he flew off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! We see them flying around out back off our deck, but not up close. You got some great photos.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.