Friday, December 21, 2018

All that glitters. . . . . . .


Busy days, but I do take time to think of you all.  
Know you too are sharing in the rushing about, putting the 
finishing touches necessary when preparing for this great holiday.
Several things have kept me extra busy and now I'm looking forward. . . . . 
actually deeply longing. . . . .for time to stay home and catch up during
 those cold January days ahead here in the northern part of the planet.

A crackling fire on the hearth, candlelight reflecting off festive baubles,
 fragrant wood smoke from chimneys, birds at the feeders, squirrels circling
 the tree trunks as they climb to their high nests. Leftover mince pies - hopefully
some remain after Christmas Eve, eggnog laced with brandy, hot
 chocolate in a favorite winter mug, warming pots of tasty soup with 
crunchy farm bread and lots of butter, a glass of sherry to toast those
we love who are not close by but are in our thoughts.


As I said - thinking of you and wishing you well this holiday season.

12 comments:

  1. It looks so cosy, and your description makes me want a bowl of soup with farm bread and lots of butter right NOW!
    Have a wonderful, beautiful, peaceful and restful Christmas, Mary, you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you too, and wishing you your wishes come true this Christmas and afterwards. Your bowls of soup with farm bread and lots of butter, now you've got me on that one! Yum yum!

    I enjoyed the mosaic of the snaps taken around your cottage. Lovely!

    Happy Christmas!
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas around your cozy cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is looking very merry in your cottage, Mary. Your words "deeply longing" convey my feelings, too. I just want to stay at home, doing homely things. As of noon today school ended for two weeks and I'm so looking forward to finishing up the Christmas preparations and looking forward to being together with family.

    Merry Christmas, Mary and Bob! Tim and I hope you have a lovely celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks and sounds so very special and heart-warming Mary. Wishing you joy and peace and a very Happy Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nary,
    I love your mosaic...so colorful and special. Merry Christmas to you and Mr Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Mary. The decorations around your house are looking very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And thinking of you and Bob and wishing you the best of Christmas and the new year to come. Sending big hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gourmand offering are making me terriboy nippish but all I have here in my office, that can be considered remotely real food, are tortillas and peanut butter, No chunky bread (which one would only ever get here if homemade and certainly no warming thick soups. Can't wait for our own kitchen again...come May. I'm determined to learn to take full advantage of it and then have lovely guests over who can teach me more on that end of things. A few people in NC do come to mind...one we have the place at least partially furnished, that is! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.