Friday, May 3, 2019

Goodbye!


I'd already requested that my neighbor watch the peony buds and, 
when they opened, to stop and smell the fragrance, and then take a photo
 for me thinking I'd miss seeing them!

Earlier this morning it was cloudy and these two blooms were still closed in
 rounded buds, a few tiny ants doing their usual creeping about which peonies
 require to open. Much maligned ants apparently do have pros as well as cons!

I just went out for a last look about the garden before packing the last bits
 and bobs into my carry-on, and there they are, open and so beautiful,
 the fragrance divine. I grabbed my iPhone as my camera is packed.

It's almost as if they knew how much I wanted to see them this year.
Last year with a very late freeze they didn't do well.
As I always say, Nature never ceases to surprise, and a 
big "thank you" to her from me.


Off soon - not sure when I'll be posting here but hope to stop by now and then.
Thank you for the many safe journey good wishes.

Hugs. . . . . . . 


5 comments:

  1. What a stunning peony! So glad that they opened in time for you to see them in real time. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time, Mary. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! So glad you got to see them before your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you found them before leaving town. Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous! I am so happy that you were able to see these beauties.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.