Sunday, January 5, 2020

Beautiful Beginnings -


While another garden season may be complete, indoors there are
 still exciting moments happening in little pots of dirt. 


My first 'Apple Blossom' amaryllis, bought prior to Christmas, has now grown
 and opened two of four buds on its first stem.  There's now a second stem coming
 up which hopefully will do as well. Such beauty for $5.00.

I went back the hardware store after Christmas and found all the remaining bulbs
on sale for just $3.00! They were already trying to escape their boxes, pushing 
through the lids and asking to be planted in their pots. I purchased one more
as I am limited for space, the dining room table really the only place which gets
enough sun at this time of year. . . . . . . but I wished I could have rescued
many more.


This morning, though chilly, the sun is shining brightly, and I have a
 hard time taking my eyes off this blooming beauty. 
These bulbs are just magical. . . . . . . .
 . . . . . . . .and life is good.

Listening to this amazing music from a wonderful location:


16 comments:

  1. Those are so beautiful! I'm missing the beauty of flowers right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your 'Apple Blossom' amaryllis, it is a perfect bloom for this new year season. My deep scarlet amaryllis has now only two rapidly declining blooms, but it has lasted throughout the Christmas season until this final 12th night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amaryllis are such a rewarding flower. Hope you will keep the bulbs Mary, they will bloom again next year, only a little later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gentleness of the colours, more attractive than the red, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I can't believe what a gorgeous amaryllis that is. I've never had but one and it was a yucky cream color. You have a great week ahead. Will be looking for your next post/adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! My mom grew some this year and they just blossomed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very beautiful. I was gifted blooming hyacinth last year and tried to store the bulbs over the summer but don't think they will grow back again. I have never been successful with growing or forcing bulbs. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a long time since I last had an amaryllis, but I loved it very much. Maybe I should get another one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bargain, Mary! They are far more expensive over here. We have a dark red plant which I have had for about 40 years, taking it with me when we moved house. Your apple blossom amaryllis is gorgeous, I will look out for one of those. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the best plants for cheering up winter days! Anticipation, suspense, seemingly a bit of springtime energy right in our houses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The apple blossom amaryllis are my favorites. Yours are so pretty! We have paperwhites blooming now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful amaryllis blooms. I didn't get to planting any bulbs this year and I'm missing the fresh green and growing things in the house. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Amaryllis is gorgeous and such a beautiful colour Mary and the music is beautiful ..... both lovely to start 2020 off. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never tied to grow amaryllis though have seen them on sale, sound lik eyou got a bargan after Christmas. Kidmore End is near Reading and is a quiet Village with a pub and church where I went to visit. My blog on the church comes out Sunday

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.