Friday, March 13, 2020

. . . . . content with the peregrination of daily necessity!


I'll miss traveling the world.  
I may not view a new place far off across an ocean for quite some time, 
or even ever! That is hard to imagine. I've been fortunate to visit all seven
 continents and see so much, but there are a few special places I've set my 
sights on for the future and would still like to view. 

Right now though I am quite happy to remain at home. 
Even going on a couple of shopping runs this week had me longing to pull back
 up my driveway, grab the bags, unlock the front door, drop the bags (well not
 the one with the eggs!) and rush into the bathroom to scrub my hands!

The blossoms are bursting forth along the streets, in neighbors gardens as
 well as my own, and I find myself sneezing and my nose running. Allergies or virus? 
it's becoming worrisome as no matter where you live, travel, or just hang out, 
there is no place to hide from a pandemic.
Yes, I was a traveler!
I believe I did just that, but I won't be going far from home for a while. 
I'll be opening all these e-mails I'm getting daily now (bet you are too), most
not from family or friends, but from businesses such as my dentist, physiotherapist,
 assorted grocery chains, airlines, restaurants, coffee shops, even the Saturday
 morning market stalls nearby!

Sounds like everyone is suddenly cleaning everything.
Shouldn't they have been doing that always - maybe actually 'putting
 the cart before the horse' works at times!

Travel is on the back burner that's for sure.

13 comments:

  1. You were fortunate to travel so many places. I think you will be able to again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too - especially want to get home to UK some time this year!

      Delete
  2. It is certainly wise not to travel right now unless you absolutely have to, for work maybe or for a family emergency. Not counting my own train trip to O.K. in about an hour - that's absolutely necessary! (Besides, it is still within the same county, and neither I nor O.K. are in a special risk group.)
    Your photos are lovely, you look so radiant and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your weekend with O.K - would be interesting to know if the trains are crowded or have things slowed down and people are staying home. Do take care dear.

      Delete
  3. I've always enjoyed your travel posts, and the wonderful photos you take. Staying at home isn't a bad thing at all. I think many places have become quite cavalier over the years about cleanliness and now is a good opportunity to pull up one's socks, so to speak.
    We are going on a little trip next week, but not far. There is just one confirmed case on our Island.
    Stay well, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorrie - and of course some of our favorite trips have been the ones to your beautiful island!
      Stay safe, all your family too.

      Delete
  4. Stay safe, Mary. I am rather enjoying not going out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a whole new feeling but not that bad right now. I'm hoping to get some walking around the neighborhood in but won't be stopping to chat with neighbors!

      Delete
  5. I have a pile of holiday trips that I have caste to one side - it could be many, many months until I check them out again. I suspect that many of the holiday companies will go out of business, cruises too will flounder and so will some airline companies. It must be very worrying for those who are due to take their pensions soon as the stock markets holding pension funds have now crashed through the floor around the world.
    We have several trips arranged for this country, but whether or not they will be possible remains to be seen. Look after yourselves - the percentage of people that catch the virus is still very very small compared with the population as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosemary, like you, we've put trip plans on hold for the time being. Hopefully we can at least get to the UK later in the year, meanwhile perhaps the garden will get more attention both in clean up and becoming our refuge. I see my gazebo being well used these coming months as the weather warms up.
    You and J take care please.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being isolated on a small island is not fun. I think I'll go crazy if this pandemic lasts a long time. Haven't made any travel plans. We have to take things one day at a time I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary, you are fortunate to have visited all the continents. I bet you loved North Western Africa (Morocco) and of course, Kenya. Be safe and take care where you are. Blessings Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting those emails TOO here in CALIFORNIA!
    Perhaps pop over and say HELLO to my bLOG POST this week as I have a gal writing from ITALY where she has lived for 35 plus years!You might enjoy following her........
    Find her link here on THEVINTAGECONTESSA.NET
    Keep washing your hands!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.