Thursday, March 12, 2020

Toward the east -




Yesterday morning brought an amazing sunrise.
The start of a very warm day. We were out by mid-morning to 
drive a friend to the airport and able to leave jackets at home.
Today is much different, awoke to thick fog, but there's a promise of 
some sunshine around noon and 75F so warm again.
March is such a fickle month, and this year with all that's happening
due to the Corona virus, this March is particularly unnerving!


A few store stops on the way home yesterday found me somewhat nervous - for
 the first time I did not feel really safe shopping!  
The LADIES room in Target, although empty and spotlessly clean, found me
 perhaps overly cautious regarding hand washing and then having to touch things
 again - such as the drier and exit door. Noting the long store shelves totally devoid 
of anything antibacterial felt strange. I haven't stock-piled anything yet!  Now, after
 yesterday's official pandemic news, and the huge changes regarding international 
travel, even cancelations of all the St. Patrick's Day parades (we have a huge 
one here and always attend), I'm feeling life is changing quickly.
We must all be alert and careful, especially those of us who are elderly and
have compromised immune systems.
I realize 'gloom and doom' is not a good way to think, negativity doesn't get
you anywhere. . . . . . but blowing caution to the wind is perhaps not sensible
 in the current atmosphere.


So, for me, the house and garden will become my 'Staycation' location!  
I have plenty to fill my hours and keep me busy here!  My thoughts go out
to several dear friends who are having to cancel overseas travel plans, 
hopefully they will still be able to take those long awaited trips later.

Take care dear friends and readers.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, it causes us to think differently. Antibacterial products were nowhere in sight when I shopped yesterday. Good thing I have my own ways of creating antibacterials. I have always been a germaphobe so never open a door bare handed when in public. My thoughts are “pray” and “wash hands.” Enjoy your own garden this year 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary, you are so right - keeping the balance (as in most things in life) is the secret. Neither panic-buying nor carelessness helps, but being sensible so as not to travel unless we have to, washing our hands even MORE than usual (do people seriously need teaching how to wash their hands? What did their parents do when they were little?) and avoiding crowds where we can never be sure to keep enough distance from others who might sneeze or cough in our direction.
    Your garden and house are so beautiful, I am certain staying at home won't be a burden!
    Beautiful pictures - you know I love a good sunrise (or sunset).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to postpone making any travel plans. Was hoping to go to London or somewhere in Italy around Easter but now we're not going anywhere. We're trying to stay positive but the hysteria can get pretty contagious. Beautiful sunrise photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wise to take some precautions but not to panic isn’t it Mary ? Much washing of hands and sanitiser when out and about and not so much out and about as usual ..... I don’t mind staying at home ... lots to do here and we have lots of food ! Look after yourself Mary. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. There appears to be no shortage of anything in our shops - when I visited at the weekend everywhere was pile high as usual, and there were several large boxes of hand sanitiser, so I just purchased two to have as spares. I think that the time to worry is if and when something happens. I did mention to J when we heard the news saying that relatives should be taking care of their elderly that we have no one nearby to take care of us, so hope we wont need it. Stay safe Mary & Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeling the same way here. Not panic but a lot of caution, staying home and enjoying the garden are even more important. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous colours in your photos.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.