Wednesday, November 11, 2020

November Skies. . . . . .




. . . . . . have been beautiful the past week.
Yesterday afternoon they darkened early and the heavy clouds billowed
 in . . . . . . . along with an amazing rainbow which lasted for quite a while.
I might have missed it however my neighbor, who was mowing his lawn,
 tapped on the front door, told me to grab a camera, go into the garden, 
and look up!
It was a beauty.




My knockout roses are still blooming in the side garden . . . . . 


 . . . . . and will need a major pruning as they are tangled up with the
 Japanese maple.


Leaves are turning, falling and blowing.
Today we have heavy rain showers expected to continue until Friday.

Tonight I will take my 'soldier' out to dinner for Veterans/Armistice Day and
thank him yet again for his service to America in the '60's.
This was also my parents wedding day in 1942 when both were serving
 Great Britain in the Royal Air Force during WWII.
I'm thankful for all veterans and their service to their countries.

 
 Today's Veterans Day recognition meal is only
 our second meal away from home since March.
I'll be back in the kitchen tomorrow!



7 comments:

  1. Dearest Mary,
    What a special post!
    A very special day for remembering your dear Parents, who also served their country and the world in a way during WWII. A lot of young people don't fully understand what those times were like.
    Enjoy your dinner out!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    PS It is pouring down here in Georgia and the humidity is such that the tiles inside our garage are wet... all because of the hurricane activity in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your November has been lovely. We survived our first hurricane back in Florida today. Eta, skimmed our coast as a category one bringing a lot of rain and high winds. We are fine. Give Bob a hug from me for his service. Kent was also in the service in the 60's in the Coast Guard and was in Viet Nam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your special meal out was great!

    The autumn colors are so lovely. Hope that they don't blow away too soon. And what a rainbow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roses and rainbows in November - how lovely is that! And what a great neighbour you have; I can not imagine any of my neighbours knocking at my door to tell me about a rainbow, nor would I know their doors to call it to their attention.
    Enjoy your meal out! Restaurants are closed all month here again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice neighbor you have to knock on your door to tell you about the rainbow. And it still looks so pretty in your area with the roses and most of the leaves still on the trees. All the trees are pretty much bare now here in IL. I hope you enjoyed your meal out with your hubby to celebrate Veteran's Day. Restaurants here are closed for dine-in once again. We support a couple of our favorite local, independent restaurants by ordering for pick-up once in awhile. We are so afraid of these local places going out of business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mary, Love, love, love that colorful flag. It's so pretty against the greens in the greens and the blues in the sky. And add a beautiful rainbow...what would one want more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thoughtful neighbor to tell you about the rainbow. It was gorgeous and definitely worth capturing with your camera. How nice to take your veteran to dinner. Hope it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.