Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Taking the long way home from Vietnam........


Prior to those four long flights home to reach the US, we spent two fascinating days exploring the ancient Vietnamese cities of Hue and Hoi An.................in the rain!

With only one showery morning whilst in Chiang Mai in northern Thailand, the remainder of the two week trip was hot and dry.  Sightseeing in quite heavy rain didn't stop us.  Here are a few of the many photos from Hue, the brilliant colors still amazing when muted in the rain.







The two best things stashed in my luggage in the event of water..............


...........ever useful Keene sandals, and a vinyl poncho!

I'm now back in California at Paula's home for a couple of days before flying on to Raleigh.  Goodness gracious, I can hardly remember what Bob looks like..........I've been gone so much lately!
More to share with you later.

9 comments:

  1. I know Bob will be very happy to have you home :) merry Christmas to you, Bob and Jasmin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it back to the states safely. Those pictures are wonderful Mary. I bet Bob really misses you!
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures ... bet Bob will be tickled to see you again.

    Merry Christmas
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good trip home. Love seeing your photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful. Welcome back to the US. Your world adventures have been sooo fun. I look forward to your next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful images, even in the rain, love the sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful country, Mary! Your photos have been wonderful. Safe travels home!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That third picture -- I can smell the rain, and the grass, and the warm. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary,
    I just enjoyed 30 minutes of reading and looking at beautiful pictures of your wonderful trip.Thanks for sharing with me.
    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.