Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The view from an elephant..........



.................is amazing, and your thighs and shoulders will remind you of the exhilarating ride for several days!



Getting to know Mokasuop, my elephant for the the day at Patara Elephant Farm near Chiang Mai in northern Thailand.....


.......and her four month old grandson, the sweetest little guy.


There will be plenty more elephant pics later........



.....until then, rest assured, it's one heck of a big animal to get on, it's a long way down...........and only a short distance before your thighs are screaming. I warn you, upcoming elephant riding pics of Paula and I will be graphic!!!!!


I'm in Saigon right now...........another amazing place.

10 comments:

  1. How exciting! Hope you're not still saddle sore.
    Love the outfit your wearing for your elephant ride, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It suits you. You look like the queen of the jungle- - Can you imagine doing your grocery shopping with one of these? Enjoy this time - it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I'm just loving traveling with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Mary, I've always wanted to be that close to an elephant. Amazing creatures, amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my latest Living Boldly post I write haiku about dreams I've had in my life (and remember!) .. the first haiku about a pet elephant ~ can't imagine how or why I dreamed about an elephant, but it was thoroughly enchanting to have one as a pet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo of you riding the elephant. What a wonderful experience! Hope the aches have subsided.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh, Mary! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes...truly, I am! This is something I've always wanted to do. You look so regal in that last photo...I'm so proud of you!

    xoxo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. We rode elephants in Chiang Mai too but not by ourselves. I thought it was so much fun. I loved those elephants-so smart and cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. This brings back such lovely memories. Though I didn't ride an elephant, I did so love being able to touch and feed them. I can just see them smiling as you touched and hugged them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait to see you and hear in detail about the trip of a lifetime!! Oh yes, and about that elephant ride.....!!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.