Sunday, March 31, 2019

Spring has sprung according to the birds------------------




Carolina wren on the front porch early today.
My favorite tiny bird who is waking me these mornings with raucous calls
 to its mate. I love how the wren goes to the feeder, digs out a favorite, always 
a peanut, brings it quietly to the bricks, tucks it into a groove to help hold it
 steady, then nibbling commences. Sunflower seeds are ignored. . . . .a lot
of work for one peanut meal.

The birds are very busy performing obvious mating rituals and starting nest
 building, with non-stop eating requiring the feeders to be stocked almost daily. 
They need to keep their strength up!

I'm sure I'll have the usual 'bird observations' in the coming weeks. . . . . all part
of springtime in my garden.

Enjoy a lovely Sunday - hopefully with pretty birds to watch.


7 comments:

  1. I am hearing all sorts of birds lately! I can't put up the bird feeder yet because I can't get to it, too much snow still! Hearing their songs, even the raucous ones, really makes my heart sing! Lovely photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your birds. It looks like our Mr. Bluebird, has convinced Mrs. Bluebird that our birdhouse will do. They started making their nest today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd choose the peanuts over the sunflowers too. I enjoy seeing all the pretty birds you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are singing, even up here. The chickadees singing “Phoebe” woke me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't she a sweetie. I can't wait to hear the song of our House Wren. My favorite nesting bird here. Looking forward to all your photos, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to wake to the sounds of the wren. The sounds of birds is so beautiful on a spring day.
    Sadly we had to take one of our feeders down today as it was drawing rats.Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a dear, tiny little bird, making a meal of a peanut. Your garden is a beautiful Springtime paradise.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.