Friday, January 7, 2022

Pain in the 'you know what' -


I awoke very early, before the alarm set for 5:30 am was anywhere close.
I knew I would need extra time to shower, wash my hair, relax with the
 heating pad under my right thigh to get me moving.  
Pain is awful. Chronic physical pain can wear one down, make one cry, 
make one cranky, change your life. I feel for those who suffer with any type
 of chronic pain. I will always pray you get relief, hopefully without bad drugs
 or invasive surgery. 

Don't want this to be a 'pity party' - just want you to know how grateful 
I am that we have modern medicine and great doctors who try their 
their utmost to help their patients, especially we who are now in the 
geriatric group, sigh!  I know that right now there are so many out there
 suffering much worse with COVID than I am with a herniated disc.
 I hope they have good caring people around them and that they recover.

Off now to the hospital pain clinic for a spinal injection in hopes
it will relieve my nerve pain, give me back mobility and make me
a happy person. . . . . . .and perhaps not have to go under the knife
any time soon!

I'll be home later and hopefully can catch up with your blogs.
Circumstances have really slowed me down this week. . . . but I'm
thinking of you.


12 comments:

  1. I hope you're soon feeling a bit better. That Amaryllis looks as though it will soon be bringing you some happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with this debilitating pain, Mary. I do hope that the spinal injection will offer great relief and you will soon be back to living life pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for you that the injection works! I know what it is like to be in chronic pain! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mary,
    I'm keeping fingers crossed that the injection will do the trick. I'll be anxious to hear about your experience and pray that you were helped by the good doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In total agreement with you. Pain changes us. Praying for you today and trusting with you that this treatment will be a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the injection gave you relief from pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hoping and crossing my finges that the injections work for you Mary.
    Although I have never experienced a constant or a debilitating pain I can easily imagine that it must be totally wearing and really difficult to cope with day after day. Thinking of you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pain debilitates the body and the mind. Hoping and praying the injection went well and you will have relief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Mary,
    Wishing you all the best for good results after that injection.
    Pain affects us in every way but none is good.
    So glad to be pain free after about three weeks of severe mid back pain.
    Now I can start catching up on SO MUCH.
    You surely understand what I mean with that...
    Laundry was hard as you cannot stand for folding nor ironing.
    Will get back on track, no doubt!
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping that your procedure went well today and that you're on your way to feeling better. Yes, chronic pain is absolutely horrible in every which way. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck Mary, I do hope this works well for you. Constant pain is just so exhausting, I do hope you have found the solution. Be safe, and take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Mary!! I hope the injection will work...
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.