Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Scribble Picnic. . . . . . . . . Spinning Top!


Life's not only bouncing along at this time of year "like a rubber ball" 
(Bobby Vee we loved you!), it's also much like a "spinning top" as we run
in circles the closer we get to Christmas. 
Didn't wall have some version of one of these - either in our own childhood
 years, or those of our kids?

Today's challenge from Michael revolves (sorry couldn't resist that!), around
spinning tops/dreidels etc.

I photographed a traditional plunger top, reverted it to a sketch, then added
 a little watercolor to the action.

Please take a break from running around and visit Michael today

Happy Holidays To All.


12 comments:

  1. Mary, that was one of my favorite toys as a child. You have captured it beautifully with the subtle colors...Now I want to go out and play....will you come along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I love seeing what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great Mary! :) I love the colours, very well done! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary you did a beautiful job with this spinning top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like swirl of colors here. good take on the theme.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your rendition, Mary! Looks fabulous and of course, thoroughly relished all the puns. That's so me, you know. Hee. It's a wonderful addition for this week's theme. BTW, I've enjoyed reading your thoughtful comments to the others too from last week as well. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I think the kids just had little wooden or plastic tops from xmas crackers but that's it, sorry to say. I LOVED my metal top, much like the one you depicted here, when a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the movement you achieved with this. So nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful thoughts indeed and such a nice reminder. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I loved playing with a spinning top such as this one when I was a child. Faster, faster, faster it would go. Now life seems to have slowed down, but still can imagine that spinning top. Wonderful, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you really captured the action. I can see the spin motion so well it almost makes me dizzy. And you are so right, we are all spinning around trying to make Christmas special. Hope yours is ... and what a great job on capturing the motion. I am impressed.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.