Saturday, August 26, 2017

Saturday morning. . . . . . .


 . . . . and the morning glories crept silently up the porch almost
 overnight to wind around the sleeping angel with its tiny wren friend.

I've been pruning the vines back, they're getting a bit unruly this
 late in summer, but I didn't have the heart to cut this one
 back when I noticed it clambering over the porch rails. . . . . . 


. . . . . . such simple blooms in truly spectacular colors and, like their names,
 just lasting one brilliant morning in the early sunshine.



Wishing each of you a pleasant weekend - they certainly come around quickly!

Today, and for the coming several days, my thoughts and prayers are with
 my friends who live in the area of Texas impacted by Hurricane Harvey.  
May you all remain safe and ride out this vicious storm without serious
 damage to yourselves, your loved ones, and your homes and property.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Mary. I love the Morning Glory. The little bird houses are so charming.
    My thoughts are on Texas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just beautiful! And yes, we need to keep people in Texas in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning. Morning glories don't grow well up here - once in a while in a micro climate we might see some. I do miss them. Yours are especially wonderful. I'd love a vine that took over parts of the yard and deck. Your header is stunning - as always. Happy weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning glories always make me smile because they remind me of my grandparents. They had a huge wall of morning glories in the back garden and we would pick the flowers and make mud sandwiches and tacos out of the leaves when we were little.

    My prayers are with all of those suffering in Texas. It is heartbreaking to see so many suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue morning glories do make my heart sing, especially when they have their way with you on the porch. Yes, our hearts are heavy for the devastation in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that is one incredible composition on top with the cupid below. I love it. So so pretty and magical even. You have such a good sense of design, Mary.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.