Saturday, September 8, 2018

Saturday morning. . . . . . . . .


The light this morning is bright and lovely with sunshine and
 blue skies. . . . . . . but will it last?
Doubtful with the current weather forecast. Hurricane Florence has become the
 first major storm of the season and, as always, the east coast gets nervous.
The entire week ahead shows rain and thunderstorm activity. . . . . . even this
afternoon we will probably get hit by a storm.


I have veggies to grill so my 'grill master' has just received his marching orders
 to get out there early and fire up the Weber . . . . . . . . . . here's your apron Bob!

Meanwhile, I'm heading to the garden to pick the last tomatoes, the few green
 bell peppers which are small but will add flavor to the grill, and a last clipping 
of basil for pesto. Figs have been left for visiting birds, squirrels and deer, they
were disappointing this year - late coming in, sparse, and not flavorful as in
other years. 

Thanks to each of you who commented on my previous post. 
Knowing your kind wishes and prayers are heading across the pond
 to Denise as she faces yet another serious health issue, makes me
 realize yet again, how special and generous blog friends are. 

Hoping your weekend is bright and beautiful.



7 comments:

  1. I sometimes think that the last of the veggies are the best as we sense that they are the last and are well aware that fall is on its way! The leaf peeping has already begun in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about my bloggers on the east coast. This morning it looks like it's heading to Charleston. So much history there and it is worrisome. Hope it collapses some before it hits land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Mary, I hope the hurricane goes the other way, and does not come near you. What a beautiful photo of a delicate and lovely tunic: it speaks of Autumn, and the fading of the leaves and garden. Stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mary,
    Hope you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mary:

    You probably do not remember me but I met you at one of Penny's get together in Asheville. At the time I was living in Fayetteville. You would not believe this but I was actually thinking about your blog the other day and wondering how you've been. So glad I saw your name on Penny's comments today. I took a long hiatus from blogging and glad to see all the lovely bloggers are still doing so! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, batten down the hatches. I have been thinking of you on the east coast. Also healing thought go to Denise.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.