Thursday, February 6, 2020

Corners of my mind. . . . . .



There's not much of interest to share for this overly warm for February week. 
 The heating is turned to OFF and the upstairs windows are opened a little,
 the fresh air feels so good. Later today though severe storms will roll in,
heavy rain, wind, and possible flooding in some areas, then a return to
more seasonable temperatures.

I visited a dear friend of many years yesterday. We laughed a lot recalling our
 younger days over a cup of tea, while watching several birds visiting the feeders
 on her front porch. When time permits I'm going back to teach her how to make
 that great no-knead bread.  

The house is getting messy as we prepare to start the bedroom makeover. 
I'm asking myself what in the world I was thinking getting myself involved  
in another home project. Hopefully it will all be worthwhile after the disruption.
Now storing art stripped from the walls, emptying and de-cluttering the dresser and
 chest of drawers - too much stuff not enough room.
 Bob uses the walk-in closet so has a huge job ahead clearing that out - Marie Kondo
 where are you when I need you. . . . . Bob has a hard time saying goodbye to stuff!

I'm going to replace the bedroom carpeting with the same awesome laminate we
have in living and dining rooms, and hallway. I was so upset when our flooring
 company told me my grey 'farmhouse style' wide plank had been discontinued,
 BUT then found out the manufacturer has just enough remaining in their
 warehouse to do the bedroom!  Hopefully that will be making its way here
 soon and the floor can be done following the painting.

We're heading to the coast for a quick break over the weekend - and 
hoping the sun will shine and the Atlantic will be sparkling.

14 comments:

  1. The break by the Sea will do you good, Mary!
    I am a "no carpet" person; even when booking a hotel for our holidays, O.K. and I make sure we stay in a room with no carpets. As we love to stay in "organic" hotels, they usually pride themselves of natural wood all around, which is beautiful and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ask myself those self same questions myself, but when the task is finished you will be so pleased and happy that you have made the effort. I love your collage, it is so 'Mary' the colours, the textures, and all harmoniously blended together.
    Hope that you and Bob have a great weekend away at the coast - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend. Some things are more of an effort now, especially when it requires moving heavy items! But I still love to change things up around the house. Also we do need to de-clutter and it feels good knowing that when this latest project is completed, the room will be fresh, clean, and many of the things we no long plan to use, or need, will perhaps be helping others.

      Will wave to you across the pond on Saturday!

      Delete
    2. I hope you felt the breeze from my wave! Actually it was blowing a gale down here - I climbed up a high sand dune hanging onto my hat and trying not get blown over. The Atlantic was definitely heaving - huge white waves rolling in all day - tomorrow should be calmer with bright sunshine. We had a great day though.

      Delete
  3. You will so enjoy the new bedroom that whatever upsets in deconstruction will fade into the background quickly. I admire you. Both bedrooms in my home need redoing.

    We have had such a mild winter thus far. Today and tomorrow, it is catching up to us. Bummer! I liked the global warming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know having a house torn up from construction is no fun at all! Hopefully it will be done quickly. Have fun on your getaway. We have flood warnings here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. reno is a good opportunity to get rid of unused stuff....all men have the same problem saying "good bye" be it with women or stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea and catching up with a friend is wonderful...that's what I'll be doing this afternoon!

    Yes, home projects are a lot of work. Always more than we expected. I had to laugh about Bob ~ Brian is the same way. I'm good at not hanging onto stuff. Brian, not so much. I know your re-do will be worth it; they always are. Your room will look extra fresh with the beautiful flooring instead of carpet. We have engineered hardwood floors throughout our entire house (had the ugly, dark carpeting ripped out years ago) and we love it.

    Hope you have a great weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary! It has been delightful browsing your blog! I live in North Idaho with my husband and 10 year old son. I'm excited to read your posts and "explore" your lovely part of the world and all your wonderful travels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collage is beautiful and so reflects your elegant style. Home projects can be so disruptive. Once done, they are a joy. So glad that you found enough of the laminate to do your bedroom, too. Enjoy your time away, and come back refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mary,
    What a good idea...take a vacation before you need to buckle down and make all of the changes you have planned. I love your new collage. Such beautiful shades of the same colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photos you post, everything looks so clean and brilliant! Enjoy your trip to the coast! I can't wait to start my own home projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely collage! I´m so happy to live near the sea, the coast...have a happy trip :)
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.