Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Garden surprises -



. . . . . . and of course it's not even spring yet!

I know many of you across the northern hemisphere are still in the cold, 
snowy, icy grip of winter, but here it remains mild though damp.
I'm behind with everything since running off to the coast for the 
weekend - and a lovely weekend it turned out to be. 

 I have to ready the cottage for the painter next Monday, followed by the flooring
installers. Am now busy choosing paint colors, moving furniture, clearing closet
 and drawers, stashing stuff away for a while for future editing, shopping
 for new furnishings. All that goes along with a home project is keeping
 me on my toes.
I'm reading your posts but have no time to comment so forgive my
absence, I'll catch up soon.  I may not post much for a while depending
on how things move along here.

So, the flowers - they are for you, to brighten up your late 
winter days. Arriving home from the coast late Sunday afternoon
I rushed out into the garden to quickly cut these knowing more
 rain was on the way.
Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. They are so pretty! You have a lot on your hands right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bouquet is breath taking. Love when spring flowers begin to flourish. Good luck with the house work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely little taste of spring Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are so beautiful. All my daffodils have died. I need to plant more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopes all goes well next week when the painter arrives to begin your latest project - will you be showing us how it looks when finished? Glad that you and Bob enjoyed a lovely weekend by the coast, and thank you for the vase of beautiful Daffodils from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful bouquet! Few things in life are as cheerful as a bunch of daffies :-)
    All the best for your project. I'd love to see "before" and "after" pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, will try to share some before and after pix later Meike.
      Thanks for the good wishes - it's a lot of work!
      Mary -

      Delete
  7. Dear Mary,
    What pretty Jonquils. They will keep you company while you tackle your new projects. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina dear - I need the good luck!
      Not complaining though - things have at least been scheduled and should run smoothly next week - fingers crossed!
      Mary -

      Delete
  8. A pretty bouquet. We've gotten down into the 30s at night here which is too cold for me. Thankfully temps are going back up to 70s during the day and 50s at night which is much nicer. I'm not a fan of the cold, especially in old concrete buildings with no heat. Good luck with all the remodeling.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.