Friday, February 28, 2020

Getting it all together. . . . . . .


Change is in the air.
The furniture store called yesterday afternoon with good news . . . . .  
. . . . . our purchase had arrived after its long road trip across the USA!

The sad part is that not too long ago, almost all American furniture was
 manufactured right here in North Carolina. Just an hour or so down the
 highway were all the factories turning out beautiful wood case goods and 
upholstery, employing thousands of quality employees. Furniture 
manufacturing was the lifeblood of this southeastern state. 
Like most manufacturing companies they have gone. . . . . . and yes,
 I know, my furniture probably took a long sea voyage prior to being loaded
 onto a truck in California to bring it to North Carolina!
The circle of life is not always what we would like it to be.

Anyway I'm happy it's on the way and will be ready when
 the delivery truck shows up this afternoon.


The bedside rug is a new purchase. Then I 'shopped the cottage' to see what
 other items I could find and might be considered in bringing the bedroom
 together - my favorite part.


Textures - I love to mix them, and I feel with neutral colors especially
 they are most important.

These pillows came with the Drexel living room sofa bought 18 months ago. 
For some reason the lovely saleslady threw them in with our purchase - I was
 shocked later when I unzipped the covers and discovered $95 price tags on each!
They are good quality with feather/down fillers (Ralph Lauren Home) but I didn't
 use them as I had other larger, more comfortable ones. They might be fine on 
 this loveseat. The throw is a find from years back, made in Scotland, soft, cozy
 chenille. The colors are good with the rug, especially the cute tassels. 


Next view of this room will, hopefully, look a lot better - fingers are crossed, 
making knitting somewhat difficult but keeping me busy until I see the truck
pull up!

Tweedy texture with Hobby Lobby yarn - my favorite to knit with.

A beautiful sunny, but very chilly, day here.
Lots to do indoors so I won't be venturing further than the potting shed!

More later. . . . . . . .

12 comments:

  1. Same here today (sunny but chilly). Your remark about knitting being difficult while keeping your fingers crossed made me smile :-)
    You are so right, a mix of textures is especially important with neutral shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Mary, thats exciting. Can't wait to see your long awaited for purchase! I love new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the colours and textures look really good together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting in anticipation for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will all be coming together very soon! I am *still* looking for a quality sofa! We found a store here that we liked (Penny Mustard), but I wasn't crazy about the sofa design choices nor the fabrics. Still looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glimpse of that rug! How fun to shop the house and pull it all together. Can hardly wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the different pieces you are showing. We had a dusting of snow this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bedroom is coming on a treat Mary .... beautiful colours and textures .... you have been blogging for such a long time now .... I think my blog is about eleven years old ! Blogging has changed so much .... the majority of Bloggers have moved on to other social media sites but I like blogging best ..... it’s like having lots of pen friends from all over the world. I bet you can’t wait for your furniture to arrive. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely neutral tones and textures Mary. I can't wait to see your finished room! Even your knitting is part of the scene, and very elegant it is. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your color palette and love the rug. Wondering where you found the rug. I am beginning to think I need a new rug or two in my living room. The pillows are a nice extra surprise treat. Looking forward to seeing the completed room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your colors! That's so exciting your furniture has arrived. I am looking forward to seeing it all put together. I am in love with rugs (just ask my husband) and I love the one you picked. I love the thought of buying everything local and/or made in the USA. But sadly there are times when that's just not an option.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear! Just be popping by to say hi. Wow, the bedroom paint looks wonderful. Looking forward to see it all decorated. Love, xx

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.