Monday, February 17, 2020

Ups and downs of home projects . . . . . . . . .




. . . . . . hoping for a good one, and for several more in the coming 
couple of weeks!  
Brilliant morning, bright sunshine, light frost, chilly but will warm
up to around 60F.

The painter will be here soon which is why I'm up and about early.
Plans for the master bedroom makeover are coming together - and
 I will have before and after photos as requested by some of you.
Rather annoying is that the new furniture will be arriving a week or so
 later than first expected, but there's nothing I can do about that hiccup!

The cottage looks a total mess at present as everything in the downstairs
 bedroom and walk-in closet (which houses Bob's clothes) has been moved to
 other rooms, stored, given away. . . . . . . or packed into boxes and bags and is
 scattered throughout the house!
What the heck was I thinking of when it's comes to a total upheaval of the
 home at this stage of life!  When younger and more able would
 breeze through something like this, even do all my own interior painting.
Now it's a lot of relying on the professionals, hoping it goes according 
to the plan. . . . . . . and that we're are happy with the the outcome.
Actually I'm loving it - having a project is fun and keeps me active!

13 comments:

  1. It will be worth all the upheaval I am sure. I admire your doing it and not merely going along with the status quo because it is easiest. This is getting exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary,
    It takes courage to tackle what you are doing. Looking forward to congratulating you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love projects still, but I know what you mean. It is disconcerting at best and we just want our cozy cottage in order. Afterall, it is our nest. Look forward to seeing the before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even having a room painted is an upheaval because you have to empty out the entire room! You find out how much stuff you really have when you do this. I guess that's kind of a good thing, because if you're anything like me, you get rid of a lot of stuff at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how a few home projects can destroy the entire house while they are getting done? I am looking forward to seeing your before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Upheaval isn't fun, but keep your eye on the goal and just imagine how wonderful it will all look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know you are an artist. You need the visual stimulation, the new image, the different composition of colour and shape. The effort and agony may have changed position, but they are worth everything. Great results come from great effort. This project has tumbled around in your heart and soul for a very long time, but it is happening. The result will be satisfying. Inspiration will become reality. Then will come the positioning of treasures. Breathe. Feel the process. Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Mary - in my book you are already well on the way and soon you will be feeling on top of the world and really pleased that you made the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You said it - rely on the professionals! When I did my room swop four years ago and my bathroom renovation last summer, I had to take time off work; would not have been able to do it during the hours that remain from a day after coming home, or on weekends which are usually filled with other things (and resting).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I can relate! We are in the midst of a small remodel. It began late October, the week of M's knee replacement surgery. It was expected to be completed in 3-4 months, but was delayed waiting on a structural engineer to get plans for the weight baring walls. Then a few other delays because of a change or two in the plans. We are not very far along. The good news is, the area is sealed off from the rest of our home, so we aren't living in a mess. I'm eager to have it completed though and more on with an organized home. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand completely as I am 59 years old and would NEVER ATTEMPT what WE USE TO DO!
    LOREE SENT ME!!!
    DID YOU SEE WE MADE HER BLOG!!!!!!!
    I'm the one with THE PIGGY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.