Monday, May 11, 2020

Damn the virus - May moments are still special!



It's a beautiful day after a great weekend.
Note the moon!


I baked on Saturday - a quiche full of 'exotic mushrooms', and my friend Penny
 of Enjoying The Simple Things recipe for her fabulous apple pie.


 My Carolina wrens were busy on the gazebo searching for bugs to gobble up.


The roses continue to clamber over the side fence. . . . . . . .


. . . . . . and the other amaryllis opened, just two buds - and really surprised with creamy 
white blooms - I don't recall ever having this color when grown in the house.


Perhaps it is this one. . . . . . from two years ago.
It's lovely, just as any flower is no matter the color.


I visited yesterday - daughter's garden (with distancing and masks) - and had
 such a good time just sitting around the fire pit with snacks and chilled wine. 
Flowers were exchanged. . . . . . I came home with a beautiful bouquet, she
 was pleased with two new potted roses to plant in her garden.
Grand-doggie Razzy, now eleven but still like a puppy in many ways, enjoyed
 being outside with us. Like her Grandparents, she's in need of some personal
 care - especially a haircut!

Hoping this week will see good changes. . . . . . we will continue to stay
 at home except for popping out for essentials.
Stay safe - be well everyone.


13 comments:

  1. Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door...
    May your coffee be strong and your day be short...
    Success is to wake up each morning and consciously decide
    that today will be the best day of your life...
    Always believe something wonderful is about to happen...
    Have a Great Monday! Wake up on Monday and start your day
    with a lot of awesomeness and you will get happiness back..! :).

    HaHa! Razzy made me chuckle..I love those little terrier dogs..
    Jack Russel's being my favourite..Though, l'm afraid l would'nt
    have a dog..I'm strictly a pussy~cat lover..
    As l always say.."Dogs have owners, cats have staff"..
    But! my daughter has two Staffordshire Bull terriers..both rescue
    dogs, and there a couple of 'tarts' especially Zeva..! ;). Bless!
    ♫♪•*¨*•.¸ðŸ”¥ðŸ’›ðŸ”¥¸.•*¨*•♪♫ ♫♪•*¨*•.¸ðŸ”¥ðŸ’›ðŸ”¥¸.•*¨*•♪♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baking looks delicious! Funny how the restrictions on our movement are forcing us into looking at the wonders closer to home. I'm looking more like Razzy every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious baking, beautiful flowers, and how lovely to get together with family. We did the same yesterday and it was lovely. Our premier told us we could hug our mothers if they were not immuno compromised, so I received a hug from each of my children (the ones who live in town). We enjoyed a barbecue outside in warm temperatures. So lovely.
    Now to get to work on seeing which students completed their assignments for last week, and which didn't! Have a great week, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quiche and pie look so yummy! Thanks for the shout out. What a cute pup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased that you were able to be with your daughter and exchange gifts. Your garden filled with flowers and your baking is always a treat for the eyes - yes, damn the virus, and so say all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is wonderful about this post - the flowers, the pies, the description of your family visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks so lovely...you take amazing photos. The first three words here today...yup, and Amen. I've had enough. (Not going to a movie theater any time soon, but common sense must prevail here eventually.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, that pie looks delicious. I usually make quiche for my husband and son but I don't eat it myself. It's too 'eggy' for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your roses are lovely. Are they thornless? I thought they may be "Zephrine Drouhin"? What ever they are, they are a breath of fresh air considering the cold weather we are having here in western Pennsylvania. I always look forward to your blog postings. Thank you for sharing a part of your days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mary,
    Oh my goodness. Look at that magnificent fig tree! And everything else you touch is extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep Gina, that's my once tiny 18" Celeste fig tree - planted joyfully some 13 years ago and not knowing it would become this awesome tree! It really is magnificent, neighbors come to take photos, and then bring their friends to 'visit' it when the figs come in late summer, haha!!!!!

    Lovely day here so off to the garden for a while before baking a raspberry cake. . . . and then will have Bob grill red peppers for a soup later.
    Love - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos - inside and out! Glad you had such a nice visit with your daughter.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Razzy is so cute (love that name!). Your flowers are beautiful, Mary. Those roses on the white picket fence are classic. Quiche is one of my favorite dishes. Apple pie, too. Your pies look wonderful. Stay well! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.