Saturday, May 2, 2020

HATS OFF - AND ON!


Looks like my hat collection is coming in useful, especially on the sunny
 days when I can plonk on a pretty straw version - of which I have several - to
 cover shampooed and conditioned, but unstyled, growing out hair color! 

Walking the neighborhood or just around the garden can be fun in a
hat, though sometimes I may just pop on a baseball cap or my trusty
 washable bucket hat for actual gardening chores!

Over the years I've purchased a lot of hats for all seasons - many picked
 up in other countries when traveling.  Some were custom made by a friend
 whom I worked with and are lovely. . . . . . they include these four,
two in straw, and two made from upholstery gimp braid, and are my 
summer favorites.


Lovely morning here - windows open today and walking planned later.


If the Downton Abbey ladies looked this good in their
 brimmed hats. . . . . . . .


. . . . . . . I think we can too!


I'm still searching for this hat - I love the casual look 
trimmed with the black edge.

Hat boxes I re-made years ago.

I know some of you enjoy hats also.
Do you have a favorite to share?

Happy weekend - stay safe - be well.



9 comments:

  1. You would not look out of place next to Maggie Smith and the other lady (whose name I am not sure I know)!
    Your hats and boxes are beautiful, but how do you keep your hat on when it is windy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hat collection and you look very cute in them. My collection has grown since having a spot of skin cancer removed from the top of my head in 2015. I always wear a hat when outside. A couple of mine have ties to hold them on when it is windy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love hats and was just recently wishing I could go shopping for a new sunhat like the one with the black trim perhaps! I saw one I liked last summer, but said to myself I didn't need it. Now I wish I had bought it because indeed I need a new summer sunhat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy wearing hats in the summer and have a small collection of them. The black-rimmed straw hat would be great for keeping the sun off of face and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your four hats are all beautiful Mary, and I love your hat boxes too. How wonderful to have a friend who makes hats! I wear sun hats a lot during Summer, and am always on the lookout for something new. I like the one trimmed in black too...I wonder if it will ever turn up in Australia :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your hat collection! I've spent years searching for the perfect hat and usually just make do. That's a great idea to have hat boxes, my last straw hat was crushed out of shape never to return! Thankyou Mary for your kind message on my blog. I'm sorry I've been so late in reading it! I can't find your email address but mine is jessicastride@hotmail.co.uk Have a great weekend!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mary,
    I see you hiding under those hats. Wearing a hat is a must when outside in your garden. I have a favorite. It's a Louise Green straw. Once a beautiful hat but now battered and old, yet still my favorite.

    https://ginaceramics.blogspot.com/2011/07/hats-do-you-wear-them.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a straw garden hat and many baseball caps. I usually reach for the baseball caps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear! You know I love hats :) missing you so much these days, how life used to have what it seemed like, a slower pace. I look forward to getting together again. Much love, xx

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.