Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Weather woes, wrens and wondering!



It's due to start raining again later today. . . . . . . and continue until Sunday!  
Enough is enough.  Yes, rain is great for the garden, too much rain along
 with predicted evening thunderstorms is not.

The above snaps I took yesterday. It was peaceful outside, the plants
standing tall. . . . . . except for three unruly rabbits nibbling my sunflowers
 to the ground, and the pack of four young squirrels fighting for the bird
 feeders like circus aerialists performing acrobatics.

How lovely the many songbirds birds are, just happy to eat quietly
 in between perching in the fig tree, or coming to the porch. 
A Carolina wren, my favorite bird, just sat on a chair outside the
window . . . . . chirped 'good morning' through the glass before
 hopping off on the hunt for breakfast.


Did you read the New Blogger notification of the late June new interface
  which popped up this morning?
Rather unnerving and not expected. I'm still stressing over
Adobe Flash closing down end of year and wondering how hard it
will be for non techies, like me, to learn the new version of PicMonkey, 
my personal photo editing program!

I thought being in lockdown would bring me much more time, and patience,
to work on things which might make life more pleasurable for this
 new future we are going to live in!
Instead, at this point, I feel like I'm falling into a crevasse, or off a
precipice, heading down into the depths of a darkness I may not be
 able to survive in.  Will this new world throw we seniors into the abyss?
I hope not because I do still have the proverbial 'bucket list' floating
about in the back of my mind. . . . . . . and believe me, I like to think 
I'm not over the hill yet! 

Do you feel up to learning a new blogging platform and editing
 program during this questionable worldwide order we may be facing?
Will you keep your blog going no matter what?
Perhaps we can share with each other any technical challenges
which may befall us in the months ahead. . . . I would be so grateful 
knowing we can rely on each other if need be.

Wishing you a good day as always.



17 comments:

  1. I just wrote my latest post on the new blogger, apart from one or two minor irritations it seemed to do the job fairly efficiently. The changes to our lifestyles might take a bit longer to get used to, though I gave up flying several years ago to help the planet as best I could. I'm missing not being able to go to concerts though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive news about Blogger changes John. I will give it a go soon.

      Delete
  2. I wish that I could tell you what the new blogger notification is all about, but it is simply another thing that has now been added to my woes too. Why don't they leave us alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our age group is not considered when it comes to anything technical dear - and unless one is fortunate enough to have a youngster (a nice one who doesn't talk down to us!) to assist, we are left in the dust of the racing ahead world!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I have seen this discussed. No, I don't like it. One might think that the powers that be might delay for a while knowing all the many challenges that are facing people without this, too. Whether my blog keeps going depends on how easy it is for me to adapt. I do find adapting a challenge. If it's not broke, don't fix it has always been my mantra.

    The songbirds...they are precious and keep us from getting too wound up over the squirrels. I am sorry about these many days of rain and hope that your weather moderates soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee you are so right - it's just hard to adapt for many seniors, change is often very stressful. Hopefully we can all manage - I will try the new Blogger soon.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mary, We have had so many days of rain as well. I blog on Word Press and I use Corel Paintshop Pro to edit my photos. I purchased it many years ago. I know you will be able to figure out the new system! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you haven't been washed down the hillside dear Penny!
      Next week looks much better - still two more rainy days to go here.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mary, It has been raining and gray here for a week. Today we saw a little sun. I believe we will have more rain for the rest of the week as well.

    As for Blogger, mine switched over on its own a few weeks ago and although it took me a few days to get used too it really isn't that much different. As for editing I've been using Picmonkey forever and I love it. It is easy to use, there are a lot of new things your can uses as well you do not need to if you do not want too.

    I know that you are going to be fine. I think perhaps this lockdown and ensuing issues are getting to you. For the fist time in months they are starting to bother me as well. Between sheltering in place and finally seeing the country open up to a barrage of people who are out with no masks. Why? Add in the fact that every day, every single day there is new information about the virus, how it is spread, and what to do. I cannot imagine how we move forward, how do we plan holidays, visits to family, friends? How do kids go back to school and should people who are in college at their dining room table have to pay $30,000-77,000 a year? That is ridiculous.

    I am doing what I can to stay healthy, to keep my chin up and I find that by relaxing, walking, reading and not putting so much pressure on myself I feel better. I also work out each night with my mom and sisters on Zoom and in addition to laughing and talking we get a workout.

    Keep your chin up Mary, I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . . .love your upbeat attitude Elizabeth. You are so right - things will have to change back again for many parts of life, but some may not and we will have to move with the times I guess.

      Delete
  6. I saw the new blog look too, but it doesn't look like it will be much different except for style? Guess we will soon find out! I don't use PicMonkey to edit my photos; I just use my laptop's built in editing program, so I'm all good.

    We've had way too much rain here in IL, too. It's been quite hot and humid already. And so much localized flooding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it dries up soon and you can get back outside in sunshine Melanie.

      Delete
  7. One lady (between you and myself, age-wise) whose blog I regularly read has already switched to the new interface and reports that the change has been flawless for her.
    I am no fan of changing things that in my opinion work well, but who has ever asked me? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meike dear - you are so young still and will have no problem with the changes I'm sure!
      Hope all is going better in Germany. . . . . we are still staying home as the numbers of cases, and very sadly deaths, went up considerably this week!

      Delete
  8. Dear Mary,
    I have tried the new Blogger. It will be a lot easier than getting used to changes in PicMonkey. Let's do this together. We can help each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this - I need good news like this Gina! I will be trying it later - right now I plan to bake a pie as it's another rainy day.

      Delete
  9. I tried the new Blogger but there were some things I couldn't figure out, so I switched back. It seems that soon I won't have that option. It gets tiring sometimes. I haven't used Picmonkey for a while. I generally use Pixlr. It's not difficult to use.
    We had an unexpected thunderstorm, with hail, yesterday. It was most welcome and probably the last one we'll see for months.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.