Sunday, May 31, 2020

A night to remember. . . . .



Memories of better times.


This blog never has been, and never will be, a platform for anything political
concerning my own thoughts, hopes, and dreams for my two countries.
The United Kingdom where I was born, raised, and lived until I crossed the pond
at age nineteen, and the United States of America which became
 my permanent home, and will be for the years remaining.

Last night I watched, on TV, grief-stricken, as parts of my beautiful home city
 for the past 42 years, crumbled, burned, and literally shattered as the glass of dozens
 of downtown storefronts were violently smashed, not by the peaceable local protestors
 of the afternoon, but by what could only be domestic terrorists hell-bent to destroy
 property, riot and loot . . . . . . . . . . . . . and they did both!
This morning my heart aches, not only for Raleigh, North Carolina, but 
for all the other American cities experiencing such devastation these past
several nights.

What can one do?
How does one deal with such brutality so close to home?
There are so many questions right now.
We all need answers.

Edited:  Please understand that I will not be posting any comments here today. 
As I said, this is not a political platform of any kind and name-calling will not be tolerated.  
Please just pray for peace in all countries of this beautiful world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.