Monday, June 1, 2020

Porch update -



I've just purchased a console-style table for the 'dead space' at the end
 of our small but much used front porch.  Some of you may recall I used to
 have a vintage potting bench there which eventually became too shabby
 and had to go.  I've missed it though as I enjoyed styling it in the summer
months with birdhouses, plants, lanterns and candles etc.  
I don't buy a lot online, however when browsing outdoor tables, this
 cedar-stained eucalyptus wood version, which matches our front door, 
popped up on sale, perfect measurements, can be used outdoors
 under cover, and lots of room for display and holding snacks, drinks etc.

As it has rained many days, and been very humid, we haven't sat outside
 for a while, however dry sunny days are back and we'll be out there often. . . . .still
waving to passersby, enjoying a late afternoon aperitif, and admiring our work
in the garden as we continue to remain at home most of the time.


Cheers!


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful outside room you have created on the porch, Mary it looks and sounds idyllic.
    We have finally seen the last of the packing boxes but are still playing with furniture placement and room décor. The last items of furniture, ordered pre lockdown, will arrive this week and then the Barn should really start to feel like home.
    Wishing you a wonderful week of late afternoon cocktails on the porch.
    Maggie @ turning the page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks very inviting, Mary. The perfect spot to enjoy some outdoor time during our stay at home days. I have been on the lookout for a similar table for my front porch. Was already to purchase one until I read the reviews which indicated that many of them arrived with cracks across the top. Yours looks very sturdy and so nice how you have decorated it.
    I know you weren't open to comments on your post yesterday, but the whole situation brings about so many emotions. You worded it well. So sorry to know it is happening so close to you. My son lives in uptown Charlotte. Last night we talked to him as sirens and helicopters were heard in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful porch and your new piece looks perfectly at home there. You'll enjoy styling it. Your neighbors must enjoy the waves. 🙋🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mary,
    So smart of you to utilize a space that provides you with so much fun. I love your new table. It is so perfect for your space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table! It fits your space perfectly. We've actually had a cool weekend where we've had to wear jackets (the heat even went on this morning!), but it's going to be 90 tomorrow and then in the high 80's the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful porch you have for sitting on a warm summer evening. I would love it. That table is also quite special too. Online shopping has become so easy for something, though I really must stop looking. I just bought curtains for our living and dining rooms and really looking forward to them arriving. Now I must stop looking, though I am truly missing browsing at my local resale and antique shops. That was my mental health shopping even if I didn't buy anything.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.