Saturday, June 13, 2020

Shoreline distancing. . . . . .

Different beaches and shorelines - different times.


I took their photos at another time. I watched and thought what patience it must
 take to sit there for hours waiting for a little fish to come and take a bite!  
Was it perhaps boring?
Now I'm thinking how much better it would be to sit there, safely distanced,
my toes in the ocean, the screaming of the sea birds in the salty air, the sun
 overhead and a refreshing sea breeze from the churning waves.
Yes, I would really like to be at the shore this weekend. . . . . . actually I'd like
 to be somewhere, anywhere far away.

Carolina Beach - an annual post-Thanksgiving November visit.
Another time in a better, less stressful world.

Have a good weekend, especially if you are at the beach!

10 comments:

  1. I join you in a longing for travel .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beach! Hoping that you will be able to go there again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No beach here. 🤐 Is it possible for you to go to the beach? It would do a person so much good. Good thing you have such a nice cache of beautiful beach photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all long for some sort of normality ..... your beach photographs are lovely and certainly make me want to visit one. My husband used to go fishing .... I think it must be a bit like gardening.... you are out in the fresh air and you can be doing it for hours in quiet contemplation ! He used to do deep sea diving but I’m not sure if that’s quite the same !!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mary,
    Love your collage. I long to see the ocean. How far is the ocean from your house?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful collection of beach scenes, Mary, seems we're all getting cabin fever this week. Hope you get to the beach soon. UK lockdown has us reminiscing too.
    Maggie @turning the page

    ReplyDelete
  7. MY home is by the Pacific Ocean and I enjoyed your photos alot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! Makes me long for the ocean. I grew up on the west coast and now that I live in Idaho sometimes I forget how much I miss the salt water and pictures like yours remind me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful photos are about as close as I'll be getting to the beach anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I can't wait until I get back to beach and back to NC. Missing you and the East Coast so much. xx

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.