Thursday, June 11, 2020

Wet weather and Blogger questions. . . . . .



 

Not much to say today. The very heavy rain last evening battered flowers, shrubs, 
even the big fig tree. More coming down now and all this afternoon and evening, 
so I'm stuck indoors.
 Not much new with that though. . . . . without the garden I would have been in here
 much more these past 3 months! This afternoon's distanced garden chat planned
 with a dear friend is postponed as we can't sit outside. 


So I'm here with a list of things to do and, in all honesty, none thrill me. 
 I will enjoy emailing replies to some dear friends, but anything else is not exciting.

My questions?  
They regard the new Blogger interface that will be the default for us all come end of month.

If you are a BLOGGER blogger, have you transitioned yet to the new interface?
If so, have you managed it without major problems?
If there were problems, were you able resolve them yourself?
Are you now staying with new Blogger?
Can you still revert to legacy BLOGGER - in other words toggle between t
he two
 for the time being? 

EDITED - 6-12-20
Here's a link to my friend Rosemary's post regarding her 
new Blogger experiences. It is very informative, and be certain to 
read the Comments which help also.
https://wherefivevalleysmeet.blogspot.com/2020/06/warning.html

Of course, like just about everything else in life in this day and age, these forced
 changes appear to revolve around use of smartphones!
Blogger's statements actually do say things such as, quote -
"Blogger's new responsive design makes it easier to manage your blog on-the-go"
and,  ". . . . making it easier to use on mobile devices."
  
I don't know about you, but I don't want to blog on a phone for several reasons,
the main one perhaps being my eyesight!  It's now just OK with reading glasses
 for a large laptop screen, but getting more difficult doing anything on a phone screen!

Any comments regarding Blogger changes will be greatly appreciated.
Fingers crossed we will all manage to make the change and keep our blogs going
 without too much upheaval.
Before 2020 is over those of us who use PicMonkey - which we love as is -
 will also have to address another learning curve to continue with them.

What a year this is - I feel really old with so much changing/happening, and now
I even have the grey silver strands to prove it! 
Have a great day - hopefully you have sunshine because we certainly don't!!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh I have been enjoying the first rainy day in a while. Everything was so dusty, including my spirit.

    Yes, I have switched to the new format. It seemed pretty straightforward. My post is written, photos uploaded, preview done, but I have not hit publish so I don't know if it will go off without a hitch. I do enjoy the ease of working with my blog on my iPad, though I still use my laptop for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did NOT go off without a hitch. 😏 Surprise! Surprise!

      Delete
  2. Hello Mary, I've no interest in blogging from my phone either. I like to be able to type properly on a real keyboard... I haven't tried composing or posting in the new version yet. I guess I'd better learn to get used to it! I have switched over so I can practice and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too old for change! So far i havent been asked to alter the format. Maybe they will forget me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t had any problems with the new Blogger. I blog mostly from my year-old iMac, but sometimes my iPad. It’s fairly intuitive once you learn the few new button icons. I don’t think you’ll have a problem, Mary. The picture thing is unchanged for me. I gave up on PicMonkey about a year ago and switched to BeFunky. I rather prefer it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t changed anything and didn’t realise change was coming !! Maybe this will be the end for me 😱 XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not yet made the switch, but like you, do not enjoy blogging from my mobile phone because of my eyes. When I am at O.K.'s, I use my old iPad for reading and commenting, but I do not like typing on the pad; I much prefer a proper keyboard where I can type almost as fast as I think, and make much fewer typing errors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mary,
    I have changed over. For now I like the new Blogger. I have made a few notes to myself so I won't forget some of the new prompts.

    To write a new post...go to right bottom of page and click on the round orange balloon
    To search for pictures ...same as old blogger
    to center photo or text ...click on 3 dots symbol, at the top and to the right, choose from drop down menu
    to enlarge photo... left click on picture, choose pencil symbol and choose from drop down menu
    Get familiar with symbols at top of page, such as font size, etc. They are straight forward and mimic the old blogger. You can switch to Legacy anytime by going to left side and very bottom of page and click on prompt.

    Make yourself a list of commands so you don't have to waste time figuring things out over and over again.

    I use a desk top computer. I like using a mouse. Let me know if I can be of help. Overall I think that the new Blogger is easier. We just have to get used to it and of course, we have no choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all this great info dear Gina - you (and Rosemary) are so good to share. Making me feel up for the challenge so will get on it ASAP. I've printed out your comment here and will be using it as a guide. I still prefer a mouse too - use it always with this MacBook Air.
      Will write you again soon.
      Mary x

      Delete
    2. Dear Mary,
      The only thing I don't like about the new Blogger is that there is too big of a gap between the regular size text and the "huge" sized text. For now you can always toggle back to Legacy Blogger and insert the text if the new sizing does not appeal to you.

      Delete
  8. Mary, I've enjoyed your post. We've had a lot of rain and wind these past weeks. Today it's just windy and we're hoping for some sunshine later.

    About Blogger changes, blech blech blech! I'm with you about not blogging on my phone. Same about my eyes. I would have to quit blogging if I had to reply on my smartphone space. And I am unhappy with PicMonkey new stuff too, I've tried several times to adapt to what's now, but finally gave up on them.

    I am appreciative for bloggers who seem to be adapting to the new Blogger and are sharing tips with those of us who are more techie challenged. I shall make use of them. Thank you, Mary, for including this info here.

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend,
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain seems to be a theme across the continent. It's been wet here today, too.

    About the new Blogger. I don't like it, but I'm adjusting to it. Gina's explanation is good. I don't read blogs on my phone so I don't care about mobile devices. I use a Surface Pro3 which is more like a laptop computer. Reading on my phone just isn't comfortable, and how can I appreciate your gorgeous photos when they are so small?

    Have a lovely weekend, Mary. Love to Bob,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogger just switched over for me with my last post. I admit, it was quite frustrating. I hate having to learn new computer stuff. I eventually figured it all out on my own, but it was a pain. I hope my blog still looks good on laptops or desktops. I never read blogs on my phone. If it ever comes down to where that's the only interface that's going to be used for blogs, then I'm done!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.