Thursday, February 21, 2019

Baby it's cold outside!


Yesterday was miserable - today's even worse - murky hours of chilly rain including
 a spell of frozen droplets which luckily didn't last long. It was enough to visibly 
coat Mr. Cardinal with a little ice but he didn't seem to mind - birds never cease to
 amaze me when it comes to dealing with the weather. 
They don't even bother with raincoats and rubber boots! 
Our now really large fig tree is a year round favorite perch for these birds - and
 as it's outside the dining room windows I'm able to enjoy watching them and
 photographing them at the feeders.



Here are some of the girls - less colorful but oh so beautiful. Note there's a third one
 up in the left corner.  We are blessed with so many cardinals in our garden, I would
 say at least eight pairs, so hopefully lots of baby birds come spring!


8 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the cardinals! Today we had rain in the AM but warm. It is now sunny and 56 degrees. I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . . . . . . Sunday very warm here but with thunderstorms possible!

      Delete
  2. Like you, I often wonder how the birds (and other wildlife, for that matter) cope with all kinds of weather. I know they are used to it but I still think it must be incredible hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be those warm red coats they wear, haha!

      Delete
  3. Your cardinals are so beautiful! It is amazing to see the little icicles on their feathers, which must keep them quite warm. The babies will be great fun in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought perhaps that's a way they keep warm! They certainly seem to manage so well here in any type of weather - and we have so many now!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Mary! It was nice to hear from you. I have not kept up with my blog. Too much work and not enough time. I also had some former local friends who didn't part ways very sweetly and they lurked in the background to keep tabs on me. Kind of creepy and sad. So I have a restricted Facebook page where I post my serious photography. So if you are on Facebook, please submit a friends request. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear back from you Donna - hope life is treating you well now.
      Sorry, I don't do FB - enough keeping up with the blog!
      Hugs - Mary

      Delete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.