Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Frustration. . . . . . . . with Blogger!



. . . . . . anyone else getting fed up with Blogger?
Hands up!


What, if any, are your current problems? 
If you have some please share. Perhaps we can help each other. 
If this is all to do with 'changes' Google is making to Blogger shouldn't we be allowed to know just what's going on? Will they eventually get us back on track with a smooth running blogging platform like we all had in the beginning?

FYI - I'm using Google Chrome mostly now rather than Safari but have problems with both.  My Internet provider is Google Fiber, I have never used Google+ but like many have had problems leaving comments on blogs using Google+. This is of course in the process of changing according to Blogger - hopefully it will help with our problems.

These are my current problems and I'll be appreciative if you tell me you have any of the same issues. 

  • While composing a new post a highlighted pink bar pops up and states -  An error occurred while trying to save or publish your post. Please try again. Dismiss. Then you spend an age clicking back and forth trying to Save your post or Preview it prior to completing it and eventually publishing or closing it to work on later. It becomes endless.
  • Very slow now trying to Publish comments on other blogs. Many blogs I cannot even leave a comment if they have Google+ - especially if using Safari. Now, even using Chrome it's often ages before the comment will publish, and often you can't even see publishing actually happening as you could previously. Then you have to reopen the blog where you left the comment to see if it published. . . . . . and over the past several days the same comment publishes twice even though I don't hit Publish more than once!!!!!
I am noticing so many bloggers are disappearing, or posting less often. 
Are we on the way out because of all the problems popping up and making
 our time in the blogosphere so frustrating.
My blog is my only portal into social media. If I can no longer put up with
 so much aggravation while trying to post, I'm afraid I will no longer have
 this 'journal' and a way to keep a little creativity in my life. 
With a poof into thin air and a goodbye wave,
 I, and A Breath of Fresh Air, could become just a memory!!!

Edited: 2-24-19
Perhaps thanks are due to Google and Blogger as since writing this post everything seems to be working well again - and fingers crossed it will stay that way! A big "thank you".

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear Mary, it is so frustrating. I have not had all these problems, but have had others from time to time including not getting email notices. Absolutely true, the help function is only helpful if you post something and other frustrated users might respond and help you, which happened to me. As you say, Google and Blogger appear to have no interest whatsoever. I miss many of the disappearing blogs, and mine is languishing a bit too - my problems seem to be the hot weather and old age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary - I did have a problem very similar to this last year. I found it impossible to compose a post - everything was so slow, very hesitant, and it took me forever to upload photos. I would receive a similar message when I gave up and left the page. It took me a long time to come up with a solution, and I very nearly gave up as I too could find nothing on google which helped or offered advice.
    In the end I solved my problem by signing out of my blog, and then signing back in again each and every time I go onto it when composing a post. It seems a nuisance to do at first, but I have got used to doing it now. If I want to look something up whilst writing the post I open a new tab so that the blog still has the signed out/signed back in status, if you understand what I mean.
    I don't know if this will help you too. I don't know why it always worked for me before and then suddenly I only had proper access by doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be frustrating Mary. I use Wordpress.org. The one you have to pay for. My contract with the hosting site I use is up in June and I am not sure what I will do then.. Maybe renew....maybe not. I wish I could help... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Mary. There are glitches such as you mention from time to time. When they happen, I just copy and paste my post in an email so it won’t be lost, but usually I find that Blogger has actually saved my post after all. Yes, bloggers are dropping like flies so those of us who are still blogging, albeit less often in my case, can help by keeping on keeping on. I have never used Google + and you have had trouble commenting on my blog so it can’t all be that. Now I’m going to circle back tomsee what others have said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, Mary. I use Blogger and I'm not having any problems at all! I use Google Chrome and I write my posts directly in Blogger. I published a new post last night and no problems. I'm also not having any problems leaving comments on blogs, so I'm not sure what to tell you. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good picture of lovely fingers and rings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I'm sorry about the problems, Mary. I've never had any problems - I use Chrome, compose my blogs in Blogger, and stay signed in, although I shut down my computer every night. I wish I could help you. Don't give up! There are so many lovely bloggers not blogging anymore. I love this online community.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally got comment notification back but now I notified twice about 6 hours apart whether I verify the comments or not. I consider it a minor inconvenience to having no notification or way to respond back to comments. It is frustrating though. And I've had a number of bloggers drop off with posting too. I always hope that it was by choice and nothing happened to them. Something we'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think many bloggers have switched to Instagram, at least that is where I find them. I have never been able to leave a comment on Google+. I kind of think blogging in general is on it's way out. I keep doing it for myself and to keep connected to those dear ones I have met here, like you! I have had some glitches in the past, but right now doing OK. Yes, they never answer questions. I have only found answers from other bloggers on the forum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that there have been problems across the platforms with different things. I have received many messages from people that they could not leave any comments over the last few months but then the issues quietly gets fixed.

    Don't quit! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had not read your blog posts forever, didn't bookmark your info. Your style is very fresh and different from so many others. Love it and now I am afraid I will be lost here all afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.