Monday, April 22, 2019

Linen Looks . . . . . . .


Purchased this brick red linen jacket recently from ZARA online as we don't have a
 store close by.
If you know 'neutral' me you know I rarely wear such a brilliant color! I thought this
shade so great with cream - and I already have a cream linen trouser - and, being 
 a shade which will work in autumn when still warm here, I grabbed it as one
has to do with ZARA as they sell out fast.
This jacket is loose fitting, unlined but with finished seams, deep pockets
 and a longer length - always a plus. It's a heavier linen so hangs well - and is
 machine washable, probably best alone with the intense dye.

Today I'm thinking about lighter clothing in readiness for summer.
I don't do well in hot weather.
Yesterday was really quite chilly - an unusually cool Easter for the south - and 
although I did head out to a restaurant lunch wearing a linen blouse and jacket, 
I took along a warm sweater to change into for a visit to my daughter's home later.  
I am a linen lover!  
Upholstery and pillows, bed sheets, table covers, napkins, hand towels, 
and of course clothing.





Above, this is another piece I would enjoy - coat length and such an
 amazing mustard shade. 

- Both of these are also from ZARA -

Below, what might be the ultimate lighter linen piece for a cooler summer's
 day - just throw on over a linen or cotton tee and enjoy the breeze!



I'm not planning many purchases for summer - still trying to downsize.
How about you?  Will you shop for clothes and footwear for summer?
Do you still go shopping at the mall, or in the city?
What are your feelings on buying clothing and shoes online?

7 comments:

  1. Linen always looks so good on the model...and so creased if I wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I look like a woman who shops? Ha! I am blessed with so many hand-me-downs or hand-me-overs that I rarely have to shop and, when I do, I hate it. Literally.

    You are going to be stunning in that vibrant color. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That red jacket will look wonderful on you! I am planning on purchase a few summer items soon. I need some new white jeans and some summer tops. I usually head to Talbots, Ann Taylor or Loft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore linen. It's so lightweight and perfect for our hot summers. I tend not to purchase too many things online as I am never sure of the quality or the size. I am trying to overhaul my closet but not necessarily downsize it.
    I think that red jacket is a great buy and I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red linen you added to your wardrobe is gorgeous. I do love linen and recently added a white linen top to my closet. I washed it for the first time and then debated about ironing it, but decided to leave it wrinkly. Do you leave your linen pieces wrinkly? We have a new Zara in town, but I haven't been there yet. I must go. Mostly I order jeans online from J.Jill and tops I find at my local antique mall. Funny but they have some really cute things and new too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will look great in that deep red colour. I love linen, too and am slowly building up some linen basics in my wardrobe.
    I don't enjoy shopping very much because I have specific items in mind and can rarely find them. I do want to get a few new things for this summer and our trip to Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful red jacket Mary. I love linen too, and would find such a jacket useful for our mild cool season. It looks like a really useful travel piece, something on my mind too as we are travelling in a few months. Have never shopped at Zara, but might pop in there next time I am in the area.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.