Saturday, April 6, 2019

Post card from the edge!


My friend Jeanne of the lovely blog Collage of Life, recently mailed more of her
 fabulous post card collection to any readers who wanted to receive one. I jumped 
on the band wagon of course, having received a beautiful one from when she lived 
in Vietnam. Jeanne is now settled back in the US in New Hampshire after an exciting
life in many different countries.

My card arrived last week and I really love it. It reminds me a little of ME!
It's a cover illustration from the London Review of Books.
On the back Jeanne, knowing I travel, added a lovely greeting, plus
 this quote by Marcel Proust. . . . . . . 

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes,
but in having new eyes."

Jeanne also added two smaller sticker quotes. . . . . . . . 

 Every road should have a path
and
A Strange and Wonderful Place

Amazing how one small post card can carry so much
 interest and joy many miles around the world.
That's why snail mail is still such fun to me.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post card! I agree the woman reminds me of you - I think it's the hair. ;-) I love snail mail! Last month I received a big envelope full of a few poems that a new friend (from a writer's group) sent to me. She also included a hand-written note on a lovely card. That snail mail made my entire day! How much more lovely was that than if I had've received the note and poems in an email document.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that postcard and it does remind me of you! The quotes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely postcard, thoughts, and quotes. A very thoughtful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly reminds me of You. Loved looking around her website too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll pop over for a visit, Mary. The card is beautiful. Another little treasure to keep. I love snail mail and so do my grandchildren. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.