Sunday, April 7, 2019

Our State Flower........




Damp, foggy start to the day. The white dogwoods are blooming, the beautiful
pink shades will bloom a week or so later. I cut just one sprig to bring indoors.
Not much sun today but afternoon will be warm. Just driving through the 
neighborhood is joyful with so many dogwood trees. No matter which 
direction you cast your eyes, dainty drifts of white and green are
 everywhere......so beautiful.
The dogwood is the state flower of North Carolina - how lucky for us.

My small dogwood in the back garden.



4 comments:

  1. Your garden is like a little bit of pure magic Mary - the dogwoods are lovely. I have only one in my garden. It's neither white nor pink - it must be a bit of a hybrid. I see that the lovely Easter bunny has put in an appearance on your pretty header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden always looks like a magical garden of fairy tales. I wish mine were as lush - except for the constant work to maintain. The dogwood aren’t yet blooming here. I have a white one outside my bathroom window; the buds are still small. The daffodils are up, forsythia blooming & magnolias just beginning to open. Also, allergies packing a punch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers that you don't have a tornado. Love your foggy, moody pictures especially with the signs of white dogwood. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.